Social media has revolutionized the landscape of marketing like no other media has been able to do so. The internet has made it possible for marketers to build brand identity and reach their potential clients in a more efficient manner. Promoting products and services, generating targeted leads and obtaining valuable customer feedback have never been easier as with social media.
This is why all businesses, whether big or small, should use social media as a tool in taking their marketing activities to the next level. The role of a social media specialist comes into effect in a situation like this. This article will talk about the main functions of a specialist of a company.
As a business owner, you may not have enough time to look into all the nitty gritties of the overall marketing strategy. Your hands are already full in the decision making and planning procession. You may not have the time to perform hands-on social media for your company. This doesn’t mean that you should let go of this highly effective marketing opportunity.
Hiring a specialist to do all the social media work for your company is one solution to this type of problem. It may not sound obvious at first, and you may think why should you hire someone to dabble in Facebook and Twitter when actually you have prohibited it to the other employees of the company. But, times have changed and social media has become one of the most important aspects of a sound marketing strategy. Hiring the right person for the job is never a waste of money, and actually it will benefit your business immensely in the long run.
There are many important functions that are expected from a qualified specialist in social media. Some of the main functions are highlighted below.
- Formulate a comprehensive social media marketing plan with all the whistles and bells.
- Maintain and optimize the company’s social media profiles on Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
- Post content that is engaging and relevant to the business on a regular basis.
- Market the company material through the social media profiles.
- Interact with the users by sending out personalized messages.
- Get feedback through surveys and other means about the requirements of the customers.
- Comment and Like other people posts, images, videos that are relevant to the business.
- Answer questions through social profiles.
- Monitor the profiles of the company’s main competitors.
- Build and expand the customer base of the company via social media platforms.
- Conduct email marketing campaigns promoting the company’s products or services.
- Perform video marketing campaigns in order to harness the power of YouTube and other video channels in promoting the business.
- Perform search engine optimization techniques on social media platforms.
- Rinse and repeat the above tactics on a regular basis.
The above mentioned are some of the main functions of a social media specialist in a business entity. If you are looking to go into this field, take these tips and apply them. You will have success if you know what you are doing.